April 19, 2011

We know what this smile means - First Solo!



Congratulations to serving Royal Marine Billy Sewell who started his flight training with us at Lasham last week and achieved first solo. Here we see Billy relaxing with fellow students and Dale and Pams.

"It was a little dawnting but once on the runway good to go and opening up to full power was great. I think it all became real when I put in the first turn and thought to myself, 'wow I'm really on my own, I'm flying' then it felt like everything was in slow motion and all of a sudden i had loads of time to do everything.

Just a massive feeling of 'I've done it' then having a massive grin for the rest of the evening and couldn't wait to get airborne again. It confirmed that it is something I'm gonna enjoy for many years to come. "

No comments:

Post a Comment