September 01, 2014

Paul Yates' Virgin Marathon Challenge

Virgin Money London Marathon

26th April 2015



Many thanks to Paul Yates, one of our many supporters, who is currently training to run the Virgin Marathon next year. He is kindly running to raise money for Aerobility so please support his challenge by donating via his fundraising page.

We wish him the best of luck and please keep us updated with your training progress Paul. Only 236 days to go!




"Hi there, I'm Paul Yates and I'm thrilled to be running the Virgin Money London Marathon on behalf of Aerobility.

I took up running a few years ago after finally hanging up the rugby boots. Running seemed like a good way to stave off the onset of any middle aged spread (it's almost working). Having run a handful of half marathons and raising money for Clic Sargent, it was time to up the ambition levels and get a tick in the marathon box. Given I'm built for comfort rather than speed or distance, I can't say that I'll be doing too many full marathons, so I wanted to choose the big one, the London marathon, and also use this personal goal to make a difference to a charity that makes a real difference to people's lives.

I have chosen to raise money and awareness for Aerobility which is a little closer to home. I work in aviation for Seager Ltd, FLYER magazine and The Flying Show, and therefore Aerobility was an obvious choice, as we're all very aware of the wonderful work that the charity does, and I am eager to support it. Aerobility changes people's lives and I feel very honoured to be to be running for them.

This honour however, comes with a degree of responsibility. We need to raise as much money as possible, these spaces are not easy to come by and I hope that the aviation community will get behind me and ensure we raise as much as possible. My wife and three daughters are very supportive and continue to ignore my excuses for not training. With their help and your donations I hope to complete my training and run a great race for Aerobility.

As part of my training I will also be running the Chippenham half on the 7th September. I'll try and keep everyone updated, in the meantime please visit my fundraising page and make your donation http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/flyingprop – Every penny counts!

Remember your help will ensure Aerobility can continue their great work and change people's lives.

Thank you."















No comments:

Post a Comment