September 02, 2016

Andy Taylor completes the Maastricht Ironman in support of Aerobility

A HUGE thank you and CONGRATULATIONS to Andy Taylor, for recently completing this years Maastricht Ironman in support of Aerobility, raising over £400!

This Ironman involves a grueling 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile cycle and a 26.2 mile run!
Andy told us a few days on: "My legs are getting better but definitely still have an nice ache to them! I completed it in a total of 12 hours 9 minutes (Swim - 1:06:13, Bike - 6:34:50, Run - 4:18:32, transition 1 - 5:37 and transition 2 - 4:17) which I was delighted with. I would say it was the best and worst thing I've done! I was feeling good on the swim and bike but started to suffer when it came to the run, the run course was 4 laps of the centre of Maastricht including a large hill that I had to face on each one so it was mentally quite tough.  I'm happy to say that I made it though and heard the words I'd been waiting for - 'Andrew Taylor you are an Ironman!'

I was thinking never again after I finished but now the aches and painful memories are subsiding I am starting to look towards next years challenge!"
 What an incredible achievement - thank you again Andy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment