August 31, 2017

Please welcome, Paula Gibson!

NATS Business Support for Aerobility

Hi there,

My Name is Paula Gibson and I have recently joined the Aerobility Family as Head of Business Support.

I have joined on a 12 month Secondment from NATS (National Air Traffic Services), where I have worked for many years in a variety of very interesting roles.

I have two daughters who are grown up and have flown the nest (Laura & Aimee), and I have been married to Gary for 32 years. NATS is a bit of family commitment for us as we all have some involvement with them. 

Paula Gibson and Aerobility CEO Mike Miller-Smith pictured next to the World's first specially adapted aircraft for disabled use. The design and purchase of this aircraft was made possible through the immense fundraising efforts of NATS employees. 

NATS staff support a wide range of charities across the UK and there is a group of charities that NATS supports on a corporate basis, one such charity is Aerobility.

I am so pleased to have been given this opportunity to work with this amazing, life-changing charity. Since joining 3 weeks ago I have met some incredibly inspiring disabled flyers all with their own very special and very inspirational stories.

One of the many things I have started working on has been getting the new building up and running. We have recently taken ownership of a portable classroom.  It needs a lot of work to decorate it and make it wheelchair friendly - I’ve already roped in some current and retired NATS staff to lend a hand and the place is looking better already.

I am looking forward to the year ahead and working with such amazing people.

All of my family and friends that know me need to watch out, as I will be roping them into helping support Aerobility in some shape or form ;-)

Hopefully I will get to meet you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment