May 11, 2018

WO Jenny Olivant decides to see out her 35 year career in the RAF with a fundraising Wing Walk!

WO Jenny Olivant 

Before I leave the RAF later this year after 35 years of service, I thought I would try one last new activity before I go off to enjoy a peaceful retirement. So I decided to take part in a rather crazy charity event. I’ll be doing a sponsored Wing Walk in aid of Aerobility!! This will involve me being strapped on the top wing of a Breitling biplane, being flown through the air at up to 150mph doing flypasts, steep dives and zoom climbs!  

 
This madness takes place on May 15th at Rendcomb airfield, former WW1 RFC airfield near CirencesterFingers crossed for a calm and sunny day! 






Aerobility is a charity which gives disabled people the chance to fulfil their dream of flying, whatever their disability.  



For some, just that amazing first flight is enough to change their outlook on disability forever. Others, realising that the fantasy of flight is truly in their grasp, decide to continue their training - many all the way to securing a Private Pilot's Licence, some even with an outlook to commercial flying. 


 I have pledged to raise £750 however; I have already almost doubled my personal target of £1000. If you fancy supporting me in this good cause and help me to meet my target then please go to the MyDonate page link below   



https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/jennyolivant1 




No comments:

Post a Comment